- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Remove quotes around phrases to search for each word individually. Bike shed will often show more results than "bike shed".
- Consider loosening your query with OR. Bike OR shed will often show more results than bike shed.
You are here
Created in 2006, What's Your Impact is a registered non-profit organization that was formed by a group of international environmental activists and is now based in Montreal, Canada.
At What's Your Impact, our efforts are concentrated on creating awareness about climate change and how everyone can help fight it. We focus on providing information and tools to help people recognize their impact and encourage them to take action. This includes a variety of educational materials about climate change, greenhouse gases, global warming and carbon footprints using our Greenhouse Gas Emissions Calculator, amongst others.
WYI has 3 main goals:
- Facilitating access to information on climate change and solutions to help fight it.
- Find and apply new solutions to global warming that are green yet practical.
- Catalyze people to start taking or to take bigger steps in helping the environment.
Environmental consciousness has to be actively built, and we strive to provide educational institutions, businesses, governmental organizations and most importantly regular citizens with the needed material to make informed choices on how they can help fight climate change and global warming.
We are actively engaged in the Montreal area. Amongst others we provide educational institutions (daycares, schools, etc) and other organizations with informative and attractive material to create sensibility for climate change and global warming. Additionally, we closely act in alignment on the international stage with our affiliations SEDA-Laos and Tunza Mazingira in the South-Kivu (Democratic Republic of Congo) and the African great lakes regions. In Laos, for example, projects focus on communities combining innovative technologies with indigenous knowledge as a way to mitigate climate change.
As environmental consciousness is the starting point for individual engagement, our work focuses on providing various insights into the global warming phenomenon and its dangers to the world. To encourage personal action we offer concrete and simple ways of how to do something against it. Helpful tools, found on the website, make it easy for everyone to take little steps. In particular we have developed an online climate change impact calculator that helps estimate the individual daily production of greenhouse gas emissions.
Climate change and global warming are more and more threatening to our planet Earth. Therefore we can no longer ignore the impact each of us is having on them. Far from it, we have to join forces and fight them together! The more of us there are to take little steps to protect our environment the less the overall harming effect on our climate. And by uniting, we can even lean on industries and governmental bodies to get active as well.
As a non-profit organization, we rely on your financial support to do the work we do. More than 80% of the donations to WYI are used for our programs, information materials and public engagement. The rest covers necessary overhead costs like accounting, legal and administration. Your donations are used in majority to:
- Increase public awareness.
- Inform people about current scientific and political developments.
- Teach people how to reduce their individual impact.
- To shape popular opinion in order to drive real change.